Cadence is the event platform for rootscamp. Once you register on eventbrite, you’ll automatically receive a Cadence invitation with the subject line “Welcome to Rootscamp 2020 via Cadence.” Make sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see this email. Alternatively, go to the Cadence login and click ‘forgot password’ to generate your password. If you still have trouble accessing Cadence, please email email@example.com.
Complete your profile on Cadence
Completing your profile (including a photo) helps people learn more about you and makes it more like you will network and connect with new people. Don’t delay, verify your profile is completed today! Just login, click on your name in the upper left, and press the blue edit icon in the pop up.
Download the app
Even though we’re all nestled at home, having the app on your phone will help you to interact at a higher level. We know you may be multitasking on your computer (#thankscovid), and having the app will allow you to get push notifications about sessions or new connections you might miss on your computer.
Explore the Cadence platform
There is a lot to check out, so don’t wait to take a tour.
- The Schedule link will show you all of the sessions and you can sign up for them and add them to your personal schedule – but keep checking back, new sessions will be added regularly.
- The Live Feed is a kind of like the hallway at an in-person event. Say hi, comment about a session you were just at, find your “birds of a feather” group!
- The People tab is a list of everyone at the conference. When you click on someone you’ll have an option to “connect” with them – this will allow you to message them and make plans to meet up for an informal zoom!
- The Speaker tab is where profiles of our amazing speakers can be found. We are still updating this list as new sessions are added to the schedule.
- The Organization Expo is filled with wonders! Each of our sponsors has a booth where you can learn more about their organization or firm, and meet some of the people who work there. Additionally, in the Expo there is a CAREER CENTER! Organizations and firms that have jobs to offer will be in there and you’ll find the job listings inside of the booths.
- CHAT! On the right hand side of the screen is a chat function, similar to Slack. You can create channels or just participate. Please be mindful of our community standards, but have fun and meet new people!
If you need any assistance, your first stop will be the little chat bubble at the bottom right corner – between links to help articles and live assistance, we should have you up and running in no time.
Programming will begin at 10am ET on Friday, December 11th. Be sure to log in in advance and get situated!
Here is a link to our community standards, please take a moment to review so we can make this an amazing event for everyone.
We are here for questions. If you are able to login, use the support pop up in the lower right. If you are having other issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all virtually on Friday.